About Us FAQ


Q1. Can non-Myanmar nationals be issued visas other then Tourist Visas?

Ans. Non-Myanmar nationals can be issued all types of visas provided they have been resident in Myanmar for a continuous period of more than two years. In all other cases, they will be issued visas only for tourist purpose. Such applicant will have to approach Indian Missions in their respective country of origin for issue of other types of visas.

Q.2 Is there any special category of visas for Buddhist Pilgrimage?

Ans. No, Buddhist pilgrims are granted Tourist Visas.

Q.3 Whether proof of submission of research thesis is acceptable for issue of a Research visa?

Ans. Proof of submission of research thesis is not enough. The applicant has to provide document confirming the approval of research project of the individual by the Research Council of the concerned University.

Q.4 Will Student Visas be issued in case applicants want to study in private educational institutions in India?

Ans. Students applying to study in any Educational Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be granted student Visas. These could be either government or private educational institutions.

Q.5 What is the duration of a business visa and what are the documents required for establishing business credentials in Myanmar?

Ans. There is no fixed validity for Business Visas. The validity will depend on the specific need of the applicant. Form 26Q issued by the Department of Company Registration under the Myanmar Ministry of National Planning or any other document which establishes that the applicant is running a registered business in Myanmar would be considered sufficient for this purpose.