Schedule For KIPs for the year 2019-2020
Know India Programme (KIP)
Know India Programme (KIP) of the Ministry of External Affairs is a three-week orientation programme for Indian diaspora youth conducted with a view to promote awareness on different facets of life in India and the progress made by the country in various fields e.g. economic, industrial, education, science & technology, communication & information Technology, culture. It provides a unique forum for students & young professionals of Indian origin to visit India, share their views, expectations & experiences and to develop closer bonds with the contemporary India. This programme is open to youth of Indian origin with preference to those from ‘Girmitya countries’ -Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, T&T, Jamaica etc.
- The Ministry of External Affairs will provide local hospitality in budget hotels, internal transportation only for the duration of the program (25 days, excluding international travel).
- Selected participant has to pay 10% of the total air fare.
- Selected participants will be issued Gratis visa.
Eligibility conditions :
- Age : 18-30 years, as on the first day of the month in which the programme is expected to begin.
- Should not have participated in any previous KIP or Internship Programme of MEA, or Government of India, or a State Government in India.
- Graduation degree from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation.
- Should be able to speak in English/studied English at the High School level or have English as the medium of instruction for undergraduate course.
- Participant should obtain international medical, and travel insurance.
- Applicant must provide his/her previous PIO card number or that of parents, grandparents, or great grandparents.
- Those who have not visited India before will be given preference.
- Non Resident Indians are not eligible to apply for KIP.
The Content of the programme broadly includes the following:
- Presentation on the country, political process, developments in various sectors.
- Interaction with faculty and student at a prestigious University/College/Institute
- Presentation on the industrial development and visits to some industries.
- Visit to a village to better understand the typical village life
- Visit to Agra
- Visit to one or two focus states in India.
- Interaction with NGOs and organization dealing with women affairs.
- Visit to places of historical importance/Monuments
- Taking part in Cultural Programmes
- Exposure to Yoga
- Call on high dignitaries, which may include Vice President of India, President House, Parliament, Union Ministers, Governor and Chief Ministers of partner states, etc.
The entire process of applying, processing and last dates etc, is now through a portal ( https://kip.gov.in ) or contact at the following address:
Ta-1/25, 65th street,
Corner of Ngu War Street,
Chan Mya Thazi Township,
Myothit, Mandalay, Myanmar
Telephone Numbers:0095-2-80355, 81019
Office hours: 09:00 Hrs to 17:30 Hrs